These are a few of the tips I have found over several years of being culinary deficient.
- Chocolate bars are not a good substitute for sugar when making coffee.
- Neither is icing sugar.
- NEVER pick up the toaster by the toasting slots until it has cooled down.
- If you need to test whether the oil is hot, use a piece of meat, or vegetable, not your finger!!
- Always check that the lumps in the gravy are not the meat.
- Leave the door of the griller OPEN when toasting bread rolls.
- If you’re doing the washing up, take the rubber gloves off before getting anything out of the oven. Thanks to Lisa
- Do not roll out pastry onto newspaper.
- Do not keep the Domestos bottle next to the washing up detergent bottle. Thanks to Noelene
- If you use enough chilli, anything tastes good
- Aloe vera gel, straight from the plant will stop almost ANY burn from scarring (Trust me – I know)
- Do not boil 2 minute noodles in an electric kettle – They’re VERY hard to get out. (OK, so I didn’t actually do this!)
- The following is not a good hamburger recipe: 1 bun, 1 hamburger pattie, 1 egg, 1 onion, 1 can mushrooms in butter sauce, 1 slice cheese, a couple of slices of Philly cheese, Dijon mustard, seed mustard, mayonaise, steak sauce.
- Don’t wash your coffee cup – eventually you won’t need to add coffee the dregs will be enough
- Don’t squeeze the bottle while you’re opening it